I haven’t blogged in a while, been too caught up in research for my next book to pay much attention to anything else, husband and eating included (I lost a few pounds and look great but hubby is a bit disgruntled by the lack of attention). But I’ve been tweeting and I’ve got new followers (something that I still find a wee bit uncomfortable, people following ME!? Why would they do that?!) so I thought I’d introduce myself and say hello.
I’ve not got a lot to say today so for new people who don’t know much about me, here’s a random list of facts I posted earlier this year. Lazy blogging? Perhaps. But it saves you from having to scroll through post after post. So here we go:
1. I write horror and historical fiction. My most recent novel has no words in it that are newer than 1400. Anything that didn’t already exist in 1400 was edited out. Yes, I really did that.
2. I am descended from Vikings. No, seriously, I had my DNA tested. Before you think I’m a weirdo, it was done by the National Geographic Genographic Project.
3. I play oboe. I also play guitar and medieval recorder and a few other things. I was born with that same ear thing Mozart had, so I can pick up any instrument and pretty much just play. I had no idea this was unusual until I was in my teens, I thought everyone could do it. The only thing I have never been able to play is the harmonica. This drives me a little nuts.
4. I was on the varsity fencing team while at university and we won the bronze medal that year. I continued fencing when I moved to England, it’s how I met my hubby (fencing behind the insect gallery at the Natural History Museum).
5. While doing my masters degree, I studied Old Norse. Strangely, this was before I found out about my Viking heritage.
6. I sometimes tweet in Middle (Chaucerian) English. Because Shakespearian English is just too damned easy!
7. I have a really bad stationery habit. When I get stressed, I buy notebooks. Many many notebooks. And I write with a fountain pen, all the time.
8. I work in finance. I’m a business analyst working in Capital Markets. If you understand that and want to get in touch, I’m on LinkedIn.
That’s about it for now, I hope to get into a regular schedule of posting messages and blogs. For now, it looks as though I can take the afternoon off of work. So my big decision today is: run errands or sit in comfy living room and watch The Tudors (my guilty pleasure!) and eat popcorn. What to do, what to do…